cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

device.command.LightEffectSleep is sleeping all lights in the house

ryananderson
Community Member

I have a simple automation script that I want to play a specific playlist and gently fade one light in the bedroom when it is activated.  It mostly works, but the device.command.LightEffectSleep command is causing all the lights in the house to sleep(gently fade), instead of just the one I want to control.  The action is configured as:

- type: device.command.LightEffectSleep
  duration: 15min
  devices: [My Light - My Room]

Can anybody explain how to make this script control the single specified light instead of all the lights in my house (I've replaced the actual light name with the more generic "My Light" above, but it auto-completes correctly in the script editor).

Thank you for any help!

8 REPLIES 8

NestJoke
Community Member

I experienced the same issue using device.command.LightEffectSleep but only with some lights 

others behave normally 

DWB1973
Community Member

"My Light" needs to be renamed to something unique.  Change the light name to a more specific identifier, this should help the Assistant correctly execute the command as expected.

Thanks for the suggestion,  but "My Light" is just the name I put on the internet for privacy.  The light has a unique name already.  I do appreciate the effort to help!

Apologies for the confusion, I should have phrased my response more clearly. 🙂

I understood your question, and that "My Light" is an ambiguous device description, however, my recommendation remains the same.  Try renaming the light to a more specific identifier and then see if the problem persists.

NestJoke
Community Member

you dense 😁

DWB1973
Community Member

Do you have a better solution?  No, obviously not.  Go crawl back under your rock, dullard.

NestJoke
Community Member

You need to learn to read my friend... 

He said ; 
""My Light" is just the name I put on the internet for privacy.  The light has a unique name already."

Your solution of renaming isn't relevant at all. 

dsprute
Community Member

Same problem here. Does anyone have a solution? The same problem occurcs for device.command.LightEffectWake