cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't access Google camera through nest app

Hotpinkpizza
Community Member

Hello,

I can access my Google camera through the Google home app, which works fine but can't link the camera product through the Nest app. Does anyone know how to link the product? Thanks!

1 Recommended Answer

David_K
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

If it's one of the latest models listed below you cannot add it to the Nest app as they're designed for the Google Home app.

• Nest Cam (wired)
  • Nest Cam with Floodlight
  • Nest Cam (battery)

View Recommended Answer in original post

3 REPLIES 3

David_K
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

If it's one of the latest models listed below you cannot add it to the Nest app as they're designed for the Google Home app.

• Nest Cam (wired)
  • Nest Cam with Floodlight
  • Nest Cam (battery)

Bjorke
Community Member

...so... if that's the case, am I being billed by Google for "Nest Aware" on products Google doesn't even support? I'm really confused here, I replaced two cameras but they are still showing as unsupported.

David_K
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

That depends what generation of Nest Aware you have. Gen 1 covers specific cameras. Gen 2 covers all cameras in the same home structure.

If you're not sure, here is how to contact the Google Nest support team directly.

1. Go to Contact Us - Google Nest Help
  2. Select Nest Aware, type a brief description of the issue, then click "Next".
  3. Click "Other", then click "Next step" until you see the contact options.
  4. Choose to get a call or call or chat with the team as available in your country.