cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I add a camera to nest that is already connected to Google Home

GingerForbes
Community Member

I have a camera that is currently connected to my Google Home account, I don't seem to be able to add it to my Nest as it is just takes me to the Google Home account and I am not able to add an existing camera. Is there a way to do this without disconnecting the camera completely and starting again?

1 Recommended Answer

David_K
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

What model of camera is it? 

The following models must be setup with and will only appear in the Google Home app:

• Nest Cam (wired)
  • Nest Cam with Floodlight
  • Nest Cam (battery)

The following models must be setup with the Nest app and won't appear in the Google Home app*

• Nest Cam IQ Indoor
  • Nest Cam IQ Outdoor
  • Nest Cam Indoor
  • Nest Cam Outdoor

* That is unless you migrate them to the Google Home app as part of public preview, currently that is available for Nest Cam Indoor (1st gen) and Nest Cam Outdoor (1st gen).

View Recommended Answer in original post

1 REPLY 1

David_K
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

What model of camera is it? 

The following models must be setup with and will only appear in the Google Home app:

• Nest Cam (wired)
  • Nest Cam with Floodlight
  • Nest Cam (battery)

The following models must be setup with the Nest app and won't appear in the Google Home app*

• Nest Cam IQ Indoor
  • Nest Cam IQ Outdoor
  • Nest Cam Indoor
  • Nest Cam Outdoor

* That is unless you migrate them to the Google Home app as part of public preview, currently that is available for Nest Cam Indoor (1st gen) and Nest Cam Outdoor (1st gen).