cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Renewal really pissing me off

furiouscamcharg
Community Member

Got a charge for 170.56 for NestLabs. Got no notification of renewal increase. 40 minute phone call. 3 emails from the help desk over 5 days. Get told i have 2 subscriptions. I have ONE camera and have had for 7 years. They send me info and links for GOOGLEnest. I know nothing about that. There is no subscription showing. No where to cancel. No one seems to know **bleep**. I don't even know if it's for my camera. Guessing nest merged with google but can't seem to get a straight answer from anyone.

10 REPLIES 10

Yes, absolute confusion and trying to even confirm THEY charged me can't be achieved. Nest Labs is no longer to my understanding as they were acquired by Google. I guess my camera will be getting shut down because I just disputed the whole charge on my credit card. The "help desk" just keeps telling me to "log on" and cancel my subscription, but there's nothing showing. 

Hi furiouscamcharg,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community. I’m sorry to hear that you’re having issues with the Nest Aware subscription. I’d like to dig deeper into this. Can you share the case IDs from your interactions with the support team so I can check what happened?

I look forward to your response.

Best,

Lance

Sure Lance, that would be great. 6-1728000035559 Is the last number I got. I've disputed the charges strictly in the grounds no one can confirm what I've even been charged for. I have no problem paying for my ONE camera subscription but not if it's almost doubled in a year. 

Hello furiouscamcharg,

Thanks for circling back with your case ID. Upon checking, the support team has reached out to you via email. I’d suggest continuing the conversation on that channel and replying with the requested information so they can assist you further.

Regards,

Lance

Yes, I've replied to all 3 of their emails, the last of which is a link they told me to go to and cancel. that takes me to Google home where there are no active subscriptions. 

Hi furiouscamcharg,

Understood. Please refresh your inbox, as the last email I can see is from the support team asking for more details. If you didn’t receive the email, please let me know, and I’ll be happy to assist you further.

Best,

Lance

I've replied to them. I have no information to give them other than what I started with. I have a Nest Camera that I have paid 99/year for 6 years. I don't know ANYTHING about GoogleHome or GoogleNest. I have no account, no subscriptions with Google that I'm aware of. They say I have two subscriptions but they can't tell me how much or what its for. I only have ONE Nest product and that's all I've ever had. I can't cancel anything because I can't access anything.

Hello furiouscamcharg,

I gotcha. I need additional information from you that would be best shared privately. I’m sharing a link to a form for you to fill out so we can look into this further. This form is only meant for you to use, so let me know once you’re done.

Best regards,

Lance

okay I've filled it out. Thanks!

Hi furiouscamcharg,

We got your form — thanks for filling it out. Our team will reach out to you via email to further assist you.

All the best,

Lance