cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

changing from monthly subscription to annual subscription

OzMotherboard
Community Member

Hi 

When I first subscribed I saw the monthly and the option for annual subscription.  I opted for monthly thinking I could upgrade it to an annual subscription later.  But now I can't see how to.  So I cancelled and hoped that it would offer me to renew annually.  But no, it doesn't offer me that option.

How can I upgrade / change to annual subscription?

TIA

6 REPLIES 6

MplsCustomer
Bronze
Bronze

@OzMotherboard 

Well, it's kind of unbelievable, but this is what Google Nest Help says:

"You can’t change your billing plan cycle from monthly to annual or from annual to monthly."

https://support.google.com/store/answer/9396337?hl=en

You could try "Contact us" under "Nest Aware Premier Care" on the page below to "Get 24/7 access to Nest Aware Experts on the Nest Customer Care team. They’re available to answer questions, help you access features, and manage your subscription."

https://support.google.com/googlenest/answer/9233159?hl=en

OzMotherboard
Community Member

Thanks for that.  I read that too but I knew that it was possible.  I wondered if it was hidden somewhere or if some Google tech had to flip a switch in the background.  

I have been in contact with Google support and they have confirmed that the only way to change is to cancel the monthly subscription.  That will cause that I lose all my facial recognitions.  Then start again, and it will give me the option to select an annual subscription.  

I've been given a reasonable explanation for why this is the case.  They create a place in the cloud storage.  This location on the cloud is why they don't accommodate an account change.  I've been Googlified.

@OzMotherboard 

That's an astonishing limitation for a company the size of Google!

Google Nest Support: You should change your documentation to highlight to customers to be very careful in choosing a monthly vs. annual subscription, because it cannot be changed without canceling your subscription and restarting.

Hi folks,

I’m sorry if changing your Nest Aware subscription renewal wasn't a seamless experience for you. We appreciate users who are keen on sharing with us their thoughts.  We're always looking for ways to improve and we'll take this as feedback. Let me know if you have any questions — I'd be happy to help.

I appreciate the help, MplsCustomer

Thanks,

JT

I would vote for easier way to transition subscription renewals.

Secondly, when you "cancel" and wait to "renew" ... Nest sends a notification after it has cancelled that if you renew now, you will be able to keep your face recognitions.  It got my hopes up and I renewed with that expectation (yes, the annual option did appear), but alas I believe the message was ambiguous.  It probably meant that you could retain your face recognition if you stayed on the same subscription level.  Or, perhaps I was minutes too late.  Whatever the reason, I lost my face recognitions.  No big disadvantage, as I was able to swap to annual.

I would have swapped earlier, but I couldn't find the option and kept putting it off.  So, Nest should consider making it easier to change up or change down.

Hey OzMotherboard,

We hear you. Our team is working hard to deliver the best experience for our users — we'll take this as feedback. Keep an eye on the Google Nest Community page https://goo.gle/2JvnMRy for any updates. Please let me know if you have other questions or concerns as I will be locking this in 24 hours if I won't hear back from you again. Feel free to start a new thread and we'll be happy to help.

Check out this link on how to file feedback.

Best,

JT