cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Low battery indication in a multi-Nest Protect environment

wood
Community Member

I have two Nest Protects.  The one in the workshop was flagged up as having a low battery.  And it also lit up the orange circle - as per the manual.

However, I noticed that the one in the house was also indicating orange yet the status said that the batteries were OK.  So I contacted Nest support.  Part way through the chat, I had a thought.  Below is an extract from the chat log....

10:14:47 AM Wood Whittler: The checklist tells me that Everything is OK.
10:14:55 AM Master Yoda: Noted.
10:15:41 AM Wood Whittler: I have two Protect devices.  One is showing Low Battery....will this make the other one go orange ?
10:17:12 AM Master Yoda: No.
10:17:42 AM Wood Whittler: OK.  So why is it showing orange if everything checks OK?

After going nowhere with the chat session, I closed with this ..

10:24:31 AM Wood Whittler: My understanding is that the two Protect devices are linked to ech other.  That if one detects a fire the other one will also sound an alarm/warning.
10:25:01 AM Wood Whittler: Is my understanding correct ?
10:27:24 AM Master Yoda: Yes, Nest Protect devices are linked to each other and can sound an alarm when one detects a fire. 
10:29:16 AM Wood Whittler: So logically I would have thought that if there was a fault on one eg low battery then it would 'tell' the other one.  I think we've exhausted this chat session.  I will replace the batteries in the one that is telling me they are low.  If the colour of the other one then changes to Green  then I will yell 'Who's the Daddy?".  If it stays Orange then I will send you a telepathic apology.

I changed the batteries in the one showing as 'low'..the workshop one.   It now shows green.   I then checked what colour circle the one in the house was showing.  Green !!

Wood Whittler - 1    Master Yoda - 0

0 REPLIES 0