cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Nest Protect P009(0.80) error

vivlund
Community Member

I've had 2 Nest Protects connected on the network for years, but as of yesterday, neither of them will connect to the network, and they both went offline at the same time, possibly after some update to their software or the iOS app. Same router, same router settings. I've tried the troubleshooting steps and made a new home on the app, but nothing works. Can anyone help me? 

2 Recommended AnswerS

JPH92
Community Member

Hello to all the community.
I'm based in France and I had the exact same problem as all of you.

Seeing nothing coming, I called Google Support directly and had a human being who handled the matter as follows:
He had replaced free of charge one of my detectors (which are 7 years old) for a more recent model/firmware (it a 2020 model).
To be able to make everything work again with my other detectors, I had to declare it as "master" (I had deleted all the others) and then I was able to add the other detectors by pressing this new  as "Master".
Suddenly everything works perfectly again.
On the other hand, it is necessary to declare the sensor exchanged as master (or 1st) because the detectors which have the problem are not capable of playing this role.

I don't know if in the US, this could work, but since Google cannot correct its Bug, the solution they offered me works and allowed me to keep my other detectors.

Hope this helps, keep me posted.
Good luck.

JP

View Recommended Answer in original post

kelanfromgoogle
Community Manager (Admin)

Hey everyone,

Jumping back in to address some of the concerns in the thread and provide an update.

A fix was pushed live that addressed the original P009(0.80) error. However, some customers that performed a full device reset or unpaired their device while the bug was ongoing may still experience pairing issues. The team is actively working on a fix for this, and it will be part of an update for the Nest app coming early next year.

In the meantime, if you are experiencing pairing issues with your Nest Protect after performing a device reset, please reach out to our customer support through the following link: https://support.google.com/googlenest/gethelp

Thank you for your patience,

Kelan

View Recommended Answer in original post

202 REPLIES 202

kelanfromgoogle

Thanks @Clemlar!

Confirming that a fix for this behavior did arrive with Nest app version 5.74 on iOS. I recommend iOS users experiencing this error to update their Nest app to the latest version. The team is continuing to work on a fix for Android users, I will keep you all updated as I hear more.

Thank you,
Kelan

Worked for me too! All back up and running, finally. 

zignice
Community Member

Updated the app. Same issue.