cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Nest Protect on Google Home

ARIinATL
Community Member

Just set up 3 brand new Nest Protect Gen 2 devices (wired).  It was super simple; took maybe 45 minutes start to finish for all 3 including moving my ladder around.

Everything also set up perfectly in the Nest app.  Nice interface, easy to customize, very happy.

Now my “issue”:

I have multiple other products including Nest Thermostats, Nest outdoor camera (battery) and Nest WiFI - all of which show on Google Home.  I even have Wemo light switches which were easy to put on Google Home.

Why am I not able to put my Nest Protect devices on Google Home? 

I’ve looked at older posts and tried a couple different ways, but doesn’t look like Google Home supports Nest Protect.  Seems odd but that’s why I’m posting here 😀

1 Recommended Answer

JillG
Diamond Product Expert
Diamond Product Expert

Hi @ARIinATL 

I am in the same predicament with my Nest Protects with other devices. Here's an older thread with replies from the Nest team:  Adding nest protect to google home - Google Nest Community  

View Recommended Answer in original post

2 REPLIES 2

JillG
Diamond Product Expert
Diamond Product Expert

Hi @ARIinATL 

I am in the same predicament with my Nest Protects with other devices. Here's an older thread with replies from the Nest team:  Adding nest protect to google home - Google Nest Community  

ARIinATL
Community Member

Thank you - unfortunately seems like other uses have the same issue.  Still surprised by lack of integration for Nest Protect with Google Home.  All my other Nest products (cameras, thermostats, wifi) work perfectly.  Oh well, maybe some day.