cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

2 Wire Install for Nest Learning Thermostat

dj_rawmos
Community Member

I took off my old thermostat and found only 2 wires coming out of my wall, 1 green and 1 white. The green was connected to the B connector and the white connected to the W connector. A black wire was connected between the Rh and Rc connectors. Is my system compatible with the Nest Learning Thermostat? If so, where should I connect the wires from the wall into the Nest?

CDE7C226-D372-40D0-978F-1384593358D4.jpeg

4 REPLIES 4

laurentbourg
Bronze
Bronze

Please provide the make and model of your current thermostat. 

Same issue 2 wires black and white connected to b and w with jumper from r to rc set up says I need r wire and can't get further 

please post some info, pic of your old thermostat wired, pic of the Nest wire plate the way you wired it, and the make and model of your old thermostat. 

In my case, the person who wired my heating unit used the green wire as the red wire. I simply attached the green wire to the R connection. It worked but the heating unit would turn on and off after only running for a few minutes. I purchased and installed  the Google Nest Power Connector and everything is working just fine. 

Google Nest Power Connector -... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B093TRFQWP?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share