cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Another case of Nest not talking to boiler

TheFrog
Community Member

I've read many threads and answers on the topic, but nothing worked for me. Here is some background, along with what I have tried:

We have radiant heat and I had turned the thermostats off for the summer (since we don't have AC). When I tried to turn them on last night, the boiler did not trigger. You can hear a click at the boiler, but it doesn't start. Note that we have another forced air section w/o a next thermostat and it's working fine.

What I tried, in order with the thermostats:

1) Factory reset. No change.

2) Charged the thermostats over night. No change.

3) Soft-reset the thermostat

4) Modified the safety temp up and down I had read there was a software bug. No change.

Any suggestion is appreciated as I am running out of hair to pull...

4 REPLIES 4

Todbone
Community Member

If it's just a boiler connected to the Nest, I assume there are just two wires connected to it? If so, they should be connected to R (or Rh) and W1 (or W). Is this the case?

TheFrog
Community Member

Thanks for your response. Yes, this is the case and that has not changed since last winter when everything worked happily...

Todbone
Community Member

The problem most likely is going to be with the boiler itself. If you hear a click at the boiler and țhen nothing happens, it sounds like an ignition problem. 

TheFrog
Community Member

Possibly, but the same boiler is firing just fine when I'm turning on the heat in a different part of the house that is controlled by a non-nest thermostat, so it seems to me like the nest thermostats are somehow the issue as this is the only variable between the 2 zones...