cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Can't connect Nest E after factory resetting

MikeWard
Community Member

Hi, I reset my Nest E thermostat. But, I now find II cannot add it as a new product to my Google account and it won't register on the Nest app. I have downloaded the Nest app again but still no luck. My Nest E also shows a strange symbol (a phone with a Nest symbol in it instead of just a Nest symbol). I am able to have the QR code from the Nest go to my phone but after trying for 3 minutes or so the Nest app just says there is a problem. At the end of it all no new product is registered on the Nest app.

3 REPLIES 3

SamSpaid
Community Member

Mike Hi-did you resolve this issue-I have exactly the same problem. Cheers, Steve

Hi Sam, 

Unfortunately, no I was not able to resolve the issue. So I have a useless Nest E thermostat hanging around doing nothing. I've reconnected my old non-Smart thermostat. Which is a pity but nobody on this forum seems able to help.

Mike

PACLark
Community Member

Ok - I'm having this same problem. My Nest E stat was not connecting even though a strong WiFi signal and the Heat Link working well. Had to reset, but cannot now access the settings/menu on the satte, which shows teh Nest Logo and arrow inside a rectangle...what do I need to do?