cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Add Temp. Sensor Because of Max (But not other sensors are installed.)

lukeamotion
Community Member

Hi Everyone:

A few months ago I had to reset my thermostat and when I did, I removed the sensors as well.

Now when I attempt to add the sensors back the Nest App (ios) tells me:

"This thermostat has the maximum number of Temperature Sensors". 

I've removed all the sensors from the app so I'm not sure what it could be talking about.  I've even reset the thermostat again and I'm having the same issue. 

Any thoughts on how to clear these sensors out? 

2 REPLIES 2

lukeamotion
Community Member

I actually just figured this out myself.  Apparently, despite the error, it adds correctly.  

b99g51
Community Member

Hi, I’m having a similar problem with reconnecting the nest temperature sensor to thermostat using the nest app. Only in my case the error message reads THE TEMPERATURE SENSOR IS HAVING TROUBLE CONNECTING TO THE SERVER. I’m sure the error message might not even be related to the actual cause. I believe the problem started when I removed the thermostat from the google app, but the sensor couldn’t be removed from the google home app. I guess the google integrated the nest app with the google home app in such a way, that once I do the factory reset on the thermostat and setup the thermostat through the nest app again, it automatically shows up in the google home app. 

the bottom line is that when I performed a factory reset on the thermostat, I forgot to follow the instructions to remove the temperature sensor from the nest app first before I performed a factory reset on the thermostat. I believe that is what keeping it from reconnecting it to the thermostat, because it is still linked to the nest account and the memory of the sensor shows as if the sensor is linked to an account. 

I did perform the factory reset on the thermostat several times as well as removed the battery from the sensor and left the sensor without the battery for over 20 minutes then reinstalled it, then tried to reconnect it back to the thermostat. Still the same problem. Cannot connect to the server. 

I red one other thread in which a user had a similar problem with the temperature sensor and he removed the battery from the sensor and left it sit there for 5 days, then it automatically erased the sensor from the nest account. So I’m do the same thing see if it works. I’ll update it here if it works. In the meantime can you please update the status on your case when you resolve the issue if you haven’t already? Thanks