cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Dumb automatic eco mode again.

KirkP2023
Community Member

So everyone says the Google home or nest app has an eco mode button somewhere. I have searched and searched but it doesn't exist. And I am sick and tired of leaving the house then coming back to be on fire because the AC isn't on. I recently switched internet providers which forced me to reset the thermostat.  I had it done before where eco mode was off. I think a tech had to do it...but I want it off.  There is no eco selection spot on th le nest app or the Google home. Ive looked. So someone with support of someone who knows where it's hiding help me turn it off. I think a customer service person said my thermostat doesn't have a way to turn it off but she could do it remotely. I'm tired of making it have a hold to keep the house cool. 

6 REPLIES 6

David_K
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

Try these steps:

1. Open the Google Nest app.
  2. Select your thermostat.
  3. Select the Mode option in the lower left and set the mode to Heat/Cool.
  4. Select the Eco option in the lower center and end Eco Temperatures on all thermostats.

If you also want to stop it adjusting based on home/away assist and the auto-schedule features, select the Gear icon in the upper right and turn off the Home/Away Assist and Auto-Schedule options.

I've already tried that. It doesn't exist. I've opened the nest app and it sends me to Google home. I go to the thermostat and nothing that says anything about eco mode exist. It doesn't exist.  I linked hot cold and there's nothing else on the screen to indicate eco mode.

David_K
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

Which model of thermostat do you have? If the Nest app sends you to the Google Home app that makes me think you have the Nest Thermostat (2020 model).

How to tell which Nest thermostat you have - Google Nest Help

The nest thermostat.  The very first one on the top left of the picture link you have. I've seen SO many people complain about this issue and just resort to getting rid of it and getting one they can control. Why would Google FORCR this on people. We should have the ability to simply turn it off ourselves with a simple click on every device.  I'd hate to leave Google nest and I love controlling the temperature from phone. But my God I came home today and it was in ECO MODE AGAIN and set to 85 degrees!!! 

David_K
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

I'm assuming you know how to manually switch it back to Heat, Cool, or Heat • Cool mode. I wonder if you have a Home & Away routine that's switching it to eco mode maybe?

Home & Away Routines - Google Nest Help

You can check by looking at your routines in the Automations tab in the Google Home app.

I turned off home away snd still goes into mode.