cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Nest Learning Thermostat Compatibility Help

StitchinQween
Community Member

Hello!  I would like to replace a Lux 1500 thermostat with a Nest Learning thermostat, and the compatibility checker says it "may be compatible".  I have wires connected to G, Y (although this is a blue wire labeled Y), W and R with a jumper between Rh and Rc.  Forced air gas furnace and central air.  Can I use the learning thermostat and how would I wire it?  Thanks in advance!!  @CoolingWizard 

4 REPLIES 4

CoolingWizard
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

@StitchinQween , as you stated, your wire in use are:

Rh/Rc , Y, G, W

Do you have and spare or unused wires in your thermostat cable? I ask this because the Nest Learning Thermostat has only an internal battery and have a C wire is best. 

AC Cooling Wizard

NestPro, Google Pro, Mechanical Engineer and HVAC service company owner. If my answer solved your problem, click Recommend this Answer below, and If it helped you, please give a Kudo.

No unused wires that I can see.  It's kind of a jumbled mess and I didn't want to jiggle them too much.

I misstated before...The red wire is connected to RH and there is a black jumper between RH and RC.

@StitchinQween , that is ok, just choose the Nest Thermostat model you want to use. And I will be available to help if needed. 

AC Cooling Wizard

NestPro, Google Pro, Mechanical Engineer and HVAC service company owner. If my answer solved your problem, click Recommend this Answer below, and If it helped you, please give a Kudo.

Thank you!