cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Eco mode wont stay off and my house is freezing

bgreaves
Community Member

Hello

I work from home and my office is at the back of the house. I live in Northern Ontario and it gets cold... -25C cold. If I don't leave my office and walk past my thermostat every hour Eco mode comes on and it drops the temp to 69 degrees. It then takes 2+ hours to get my house back up to a comfortable temperature and by then it is rather cold. I have tried turning it off in the temperature settings, changing the "away" to go by my GPS (which obviously doesn't work since it is always thinks I'm away anyways, and I have disabled the Home/Away setting... literally nothing will turn off this ECO mode! I am always cold in my house, and with it only going to get colder in the next few months I am honestly thinking of getting a new system. I am all for saving power and money and energy, but not to the point that we freeze in our own house! I also think that it dropping the temp to 69 and then having to fully reheat the house several degrees at once and going through this multiple times a day is actually using MORE energy then just keeping the temperature consistent. Is there anyway to stop this stupid feature?? OR change how often I have to walk past the thermostat before it thinks I am not home??

Side note- for some odd reason I turn it down manually at night before bed and it never going into Eco mode then... which is the only time that would actually work

Thanks!

Brenda

5 REPLIES 5

Cj7ole
Community Member

I have the same problem.  I want it to follow my schedule.  Eco is off.

jennytulipani
Community Member

I couldn't agree with you more.  I live in New England and am experiencing the same results.  We are thinking of replacing the systems as well.  

Apbrenner
Community Member

do you have "True Radiant" turned on?  If so, the advice in another threat is to turn it off.  I just did but won't know if it worked till tomorrow morning

MrDnesco
Community Member

Did you all figure out how to turn the seasonal savings feature off?

Open up the NEST app and goto history. And that is where you turn it off. I hope this helps.

JRF1
Community Member

I had the same problem. I even went into "schedules" in the HOME app settings, and deleted ECO from my schedule. But sure enough, it came back like a zombie from the dead as soon as went into my home office. So...I talked to Google Nest service. It seems that some NEST models have a geofencing capability. They asked for the S/N of my NEST and they determined that mine is one of those with geofencing, and that part uses your phone's GPS to determine whether you are home or not. Ugh. I don't like walking around with my GPS on, never have. I'm not paranoid or anything, I just hate how it drains my phone battery all the time. But once I turned on my phone GPS, the nest went back into COMFORT mode.  I guess another work around would be to adjust the temperature of the ECO setting so that it matches COMFORT ?