cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Google Nest

DMcold
Community Member

Can anyone help, when I turn the thermostat up on nest it always says “in 2 hours” or a different long time before presumably it increases or turns the heating up /on. I think it’s to do with it learning but had it now over a month and just can’t find a way around it. Quite often the radiators will be off and I literally can’t turn the heating on as it says “ in 2 hours”. Appreciate your help

2 REPLIES 2

kiltguy2112
Silver Product Expert
Silver Product Expert

The time you are seeing is how long it will take to reach your target temperature.  The display should be orange, or red background with the target temperature in large numbers. That means is is currently heating. If the display has a black background you are currently not in heating mode.

Thanks appreciate that, only thing is the radiators do not come on so the house is cold, I turn up the thermostat and nothing happens for maybe an hour or more, eventually they will turn on but you have to wait. Is there a way of simply turning the radiators on to warm the house without having to wait for the nest to decide when to do it?