cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Heat won’t stay on at night

FreezingTnxNest
Community Member

I’ve had this thermostat for about 2 month now. I don’t have it on “learning” because it wasnt learning, I don’t have the schedule set up either bc this thing just does whatever the heck it wants to do. I literally have to reset it daily. I wake up freezing every morning bc it won’t keep the heat on unless it’s a 75* day, it’ll blow all day and cooperate to my adjustments. When the 32* nighttime comes, it says it’ll be over 2 hours to heat my house (even when Ive had it set on 72) the temperature just drops, instead of heats. Every time I have tested the heat it does not work, but the heat will work all day long, when the night time comes it’ll come on for less than a minute and then shut back off till about 9 AM the next day or so. I have reset, restarted and removed this thing so many times, I have rewired it, that’s not the issue, I’ve checked the furnace, That’s not the issue either. I have had zero issues with my heating and air until I put this nest thermostat on. What is the problem? Ive done all the troubleshooting every single night for the past two months, it’s getting really irritating freezing every night and messing w this stupid thing. I’m about to rip the **bleep** thing off and throw it back to the **bleep** Google company and go back to the 10 year old thermostat I had on here! @User123456 @Nest @googlenest 

89 REPLIES 89

Olu
Community Member

I am having the same issues, it should not be too complex to use a freaking thermostat for God sake. I am tired of this freaking thing. 

Yensid78
Community Member

Yeah, I uninstalled mine, put in my old thermostat and haven't looked back. Interestingly, my heating costs have gone down. The only difference is my current "dumb" thermostat pretty much stays at the same temp now and doesn't do all this unnecessary changing of the temperature etc. I'm a techy guy and have my home connected but I'm not going back to nest again unless they address the issue and provide their customers with some kind of compensation. Their recent firmware update caused me to incur an addition $200 for my heating bill in one month last year which is when I pulled them thermostat. 

Slocko
Community Member

I'm techie too and just didn't want to spend all my time trying to figure it out. And waking up to a cold house.

I will probably switch over to Ecobee. Google has killed the Nest Brand 

My Nest Hello no longer broadcasts on all the displays throughout the house when the doorbell is rung. One day it just stopped working. 

Google is blowing it and it breaks my heart. 

I too am experiencing waking up freezing and my heat seeming to have a mind of its own as to when it will run and how long.  

Google should be ashamed at themselves for allowing this to continue with no solution but I guess they are too consumed with limiting free speech if they do not agree...

Miclib
Community Member

second time this has happened to me.  no longer trust my nest thermostat. first time I was away on holidays in december happened to check the thermostat remotely and saw it was turned off for heating and the temperature was at 7 degrees. no pipes frozen but had to get other people to our place to find out whats going on. now today got up in the morning to a freezing house.  thermostat had heating set to off.  and leaving tonight for holidays i don't have good feeling about this.

SandeepGajjala
Community Member

*Nest Thermostat issue *
Temperature is going from 69 to 63 at night this is happening from past few days . I had the HVAC guy came last night and check it out he said it might be a pressure switch problem.Then after everything worked fine now again this early morning it’s 63 , I made it to 72 I don’t know if it’s gone come to the desired temperature at all today 

Viktor_k83
Community Member

So the problem has existed for several months and one of the largest company in the world can't and won't do anything about it. It works as it should in the day and then freezes the house in the nights. I reset it two times, all "smart" features are turned off it should work as a simple manual thermostat now and yet it doesn't.

Slocko
Community Member

Switch to Ecobee. Dropping sales might be the only thing that will wake up Google..

They are destroying the Nest brand. 

Yensid78
Community Member

And to be honest, my nest thermostat is not the only Google product I've been having issues with as of late. It started with the thermostat, but a lot of my other Google products are glitching out more and more these days. I guess it's not surprising seeing what's happening at the company. Another example of corporations putting short term gains over caring about their employees and now it's showing because their products and services are suffering now. I've been an android user since it's inception and seriously considering moving over to the other side (ios) if this continues for much longer. 

NYRangers24
Community Member

After trying to deal with my Nest E Thermostat and having to restart my gas furnace and the thermometer today is the end of trying to fix this useless piece of junk.  The thermostat is not even 4 yrs old and to  wake up to cold air blowing through my vents, I am having my HVAC guy come today and remove the nest and go with another companies thermostat.  Do yourself a favor and do not buy any Nest products as their customer service and products do not work well. They just do not care about product quality or their customers.