cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Heat won’t turn on

Rmpm2
Community Member

I have been seeing a lot of others with the heating issue. I had my system checked and everything is fine. When bypassed it works. I went out and got another nest thermostat and after reading the posts I checked FW version. It states 6.2.22 and seems to be working fine. The nest app reads 5.67.0 which leads me to think that it is a software issue. Wonder if they can just push new software to the old one which had been working fine so I can return the new one and save some bucks!

3 REPLIES 3

Morphman1
Community Member
  • Same happened with mine on Tuesday, posted here on Wednesday and then again on Thursday when someone asked me some questions then opened a case but haven’t heard anything since around 5.30pm yesterday. 

DDean
Community Member

Having a similar issue or so I thought…I found if I set the desired temp below the current temperature…my furnace fires right up…and once I reach the temp I want then I set the desired temp  above the current temp…it shuts off..I didn’t seem to have an issue for the A/C in the summer so not sure what is wrong with mine or if there is some incorrect wiring the video/directions has wrong..

kerrose
Community Member

I have a similar issue.  If I want to adjust the heat manually, I can only go up a few degrees before the heat turns off.