cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How to find and use daily On/Off programming?

GoBananas
Community Member

We now are under "T.O.U." (Time of Use) rules with our power provider. We want to program our Nest thermostat to automatically turn off at a specific time M-F. We can't find programming to do that. Are there any instructional videos or manuals that explain how to do that? Thanks

1 Recommended Answer

GoBananas
Community Member

Great News! It is possible to have a routine setup to turn it off at a specific time everyday automatically. The Google Nest support number staff helped me do it. It was easier than expected. Thanks

View Recommended Answer in original post

4 REPLIES 4

kiltguy2112
Silver Product Expert
Silver Product Expert

You can not schedule it to turn off. The best you can do is schedule temperatures low/high enough that your system will not come on. I don't believe you can go lower than 40F.

Thanks, yes we are aware of that feature. We need to program this as a year round setting. We don't want it causing the A/C to turn on in the summer, or the heat to come on during the winter. Seems there is a need for a new programming feature, as more and more power utilities are adopting "Time of Use" billing. Thanks

tomtrigg
Community Member

Our electric provider just set up peak ($0.27/KWH) and non-peak ($0.071/KWH), giving a real incentive to move our heat pump operations to the non-peak hours. Our Nest Learning Thermometer has given many years of great service, but now is clearly the time for a software upgrade. What say, Google (if you're listening)?

GoBananas
Community Member

Great News! It is possible to have a routine setup to turn it off at a specific time everyday automatically. The Google Nest support number staff helped me do it. It was easier than expected. Thanks