cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How to turn off reward notifications nest thermostat

noname
Community Member

I am not enrolled in any rewards programs through nest and I don't want to be, but I keep etting messages about reward offers on my nest app.  going to settings>notifications shows no option for rewards notifications and settings>rebates and rewards gives me only tells me that I'm eligible to enroll.  There's nothing about opting out or blocking notifications.

So how do I turn these messages off?

5 REPLIES 5

hikeskool
Community Member

I want to to know too. This is trash. We pay for this hardware and are stuck with constant spam notifications.

nikonovak
Community Member

Please add an option to disable. I once clicked ok by accident and got enrolled into the savings programm. There is no way to opt out through the app - the opt out process requires a phone call.

Grubra
Community Member

Why is there no response from Google? No matter how many times I decline Rush Hour Rewards or any other Energy rebates they keep popping up. It seems Google is complicit in continuing to send out these notifications with the intention of getting someone to inadvertently opt into the rebate program. To be clear I do not want to receive these messages and want them to stop.

DarthJedi
Community Member

They are not just annoying.  They are potentially damaging.  I work at home.  Im 55 and my health is bad, if my power company shuts  off my ac I do not know what I will do.  My phone occasionally does stuff that I do not want it to do, and I'm afraid it will be in my pocket and the notice will pop up and be selected without me knowing.

If my nest actually does turn off my air conditioner, I will have to switch to a different product.  This is potentially a deal breaker.

DefToneR
Community Member

I came here via googling, I so tired about the same thing. Notification over notification about joining rewards. And the funny thing is that the company is not even in my city..... 

DefToneR_0-1691504921368.png