cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Is there no way to schedule the temperature sensors?

cbandes
Community Member

I have single-zone heating controlled by a Nest Learning Thermostat. This means that the temperature between the upstairs and downstairs varies quite a lot (idk 3 or 4 degrees)

I bought a nest temperature sensor to try to smooth over this difference. My intention was to schedule some times of day to use the sensor downstairs and other times of day to use the thermostat on the wall upstairs. I work from home 8-5 upstairs on weekdays, the bedrooms are upstairs, and we spend most of the rest of our time downstairs. We barely use the upstairs at all on weekends. 

Much to my dismay, it appears that there are only four time blocks that can be scheduled and that there is no way to adjust this for different days of the week. I see questions about this from years ago but I have not seen any answers or workarounds.

I have been on chat with an incredibly clueless Google Support rep for about a half an hour. Not only does he not have an answer but it seems he doesn't even understand the question. Screenshot 2023-09-30 at 9.39.30 AM.png

0 REPLIES 0