cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Neat Thermostat Additional Boost mode

Roundy
Community Member

can you have a vote for your customers and see who wants and update in your thermostats software that allows a boost mode ?? I reckon 90% of your customer base will want this option give the customers what they want please …..

96 REPLIES 96

They lose power during power cuts as the battery doesn't last long and lose time but despite being an internet enabled device it went fetch the correct time! We had an issue with multiple power cuts and wondered why the schedule kept going haywire.

Docharty
Community Member

What I find so irritating is that Google could presumably quite easily add a heating boost function if they really wanted but seem intent on insisting that this shouldn't be necessary (ie completely ignoring those of us who would like more manual control over their heating). Really annoying.

STRGS
Community Member

I want to be able to boost the central heating. More often than not at this time of year we want the heating on just an hour longer than normal…. We turn it up and then it remains on ALL NIGHT! Our ancient old controller gave us the ability to just boost for an hour at a time… PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO DO THIS WITH NEST

Ian1
Community Member

Been trying to get this added for over a year, Google will ignore request and close chat very quickly

My gf wanted to do the same but you can’t with a Nest. Lots of chat about this over the last few months on this forum and criticism of Google. I have a Hive which is great for boosting as have a choice of durations and you can select the temperature. Also much better than Nest for setting holiday start and end dates/times 

I think we're banging our collective heads against a brick wall here. Bizarre that Google/Nest aren't willing to add a basic boost function and deeply irritating but looks like nothing's going to change despite a clearly overwhelming need for it.

cw2
Community Member

I agree. Zero customer service or intelligent responses, even out of embarrassment. I guess the recommendation is to look elsewhere for alternative products or build your own. 

cw2
Community Member

The workaround(!) for that is simply to set a few lower temperatures during the night in the schedule.  Don't think of it as an on/off timeswitch; it's scheduling when you want that temperature. That way you can turn it up, but the next scheduled lower temp will knock it back down again. That's not a great solution, but it's cheaper on energy usage. Pretty poor that there's 'workarounds' rather than an actual boost solution.

TAJ51
Community Member

That is a useful solution and one I’ve used. However beware the “learning” thermostat (joke) as it will after awhile alter the schedule, possibly deleting your well placed “stop” boosts. The fix for that is to turn off “learning” and then you’ve just paid a fortune for a manual thermostat that doesn’t do anything you want it to. It really is a useless, oversold, pile of circuitry that should have been put out of its misery at design stage. 

cw2
Community Member

Indeed. I'd forgotten that one of the first things I did was to turn off 'learning'. It really is a disappointing, and overpriced, bit of hardware and software with no intelligent or understanding support from Google.

Plumbexe
Community Member

For end user experience, just go for Hive.

maybe one day google will listen

TAJ51
Community Member

….. and pigs 🐷 might fly 🤣

SteveBillett
Community Member

Google, I like lots of people are thinking of moving to Hive because we don't have the heat boost function. Because of the current price of gas we are all looking for a way to control our OWN heating not be controlled by a google programmer living in the USA who is not living in our world.

I moved to hive and do not regret it, wife loves how simple the boost feature is. 

Thanks Jim, hope Google will think about losing people and update the software.

SurajPrasai
Community Member

I think I am going to buying products that have been tested and reviewed in the uk market. Nest is good piece of hardware with limited functionality and NOT suitable for Uk market. Boost is really required. My 20 year danfoss had it.

Jhbroch
Community Member

Just read every comment in this thread hoping there would be an “answer” along the way that they’ve resolved the issue.  I am in absolute disbelief that there is no boost function despite it being a common, necessary feature for most people coming home to a cold house. I am swapping out my Nest back to Hive which I had in my previous home as soon as the British Gas guy does the boiler service. It’s insanity that such a simple feature when hundreds of people on this thread alone are requesting it (meaning many times more unsatisfied in actuality) has not been implemented.