cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Need help to nest to google account migration due the account exist in google.

WinterPower
Community Member

To whom it may concern,

I try to migrate the nest account to a google account.  In the process, antecedently create a  google account for the nest device.  Can someone delete the account in google?  So I can restart the nest migration process.

thank you,

Jun

2 REPLIES 2

MplsCustomer
Bronze
Bronze

@WinterPower 

I'm not following exactly what happened in your case, but if you've already associated Google Nest devices with your Google Account, then you can't migrate your Nest Account to that Google Account. And I don't think Google is going to delete the account for you.

See this Help topic on migration issues, especially the "Error message: Google Account is already linked with another Nest account" topic under "Troubleshoot account migration issues":

https://support.google.com/googlenest/answer/9297676

Hello everyone,

I'm jumping in to see how I can help.

Thanks for the input, @MplsCustomer.

@WinterPower, I understand that you're facing challenges with migrating your Nest account to a Google account, especially since there seems to be an existing Google account associated with it. Deleting a Google account is not a straightforward process and requires careful consideration, as it could impact other services tied to that account. Have you had a chance to view the article shared above? Let us know if you have more questions.

Best regards,
Mark