cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Nest 3rd "OpenTherm" reporting incorrect DWH Temp.

markuk
Community Member

Dear Community / Nest Support, 

Have recently installed Nest 3rd Gen to Vitodens 050-w Combination Boiler connected via Opentherm. 

DWH is set to 50 degrees and I have noticed that the Nest Thermostat, App etc is reporting a wrong DWH Temperature. How do I know this? The Boiler front-panel digital display shows the current DWH setting and I have also installed the ViCare App (from Viessmann) and connected directly to the boiler's Wifi Module. The app is able to pull up system diagnostics, including the current DWH, which matches to what the front-panel displays.  The problem is: given Nest is connected via Opentherm it basically controls the boiler and is overheating the DWH. Has anyone else experienced similar issues?   I'm not entirely impressed given how expensive it is. 

1 REPLY 1

Alnug
Community Member

Likewise. I have found you are able to set the water temperature using nest. You can test this by setting the DHW temp in nest and then verifying in the ViCare app. However, reporting of the actual water temp is stuck at 49 deg for me and doesn't change