cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Nest Thermostat E initial set up connection issue

OnlyFabs
Community Member

Hi All,

I bought a brand new sealed Nest Thermostat E from EBay (verified selling company, not some random guy) and only had a chance to try install it today. Im in the UK and have a combi boiler system, currently have Honeywell thermostats installed.

I plugged it in and noticed nothing happened on the screen, I used the community to find out I should remove it from the dock and plug a USB cable in directly for it to charge. It charged for an hour or so and the house icon came on the screen, importantly not the house in a phone with arrow. It started flashing yellow and I plugged it back into the dock and it stopped flashing. However, it remains on the house logo, it doesn't change to anything and will occasionally reboot I think (maybe every 5 - 10 minutes the screen goes off and the nest logo appears again).

There is a orange light that flashes periodically, maybe every minute but will then stop.

I tried to connect via the Nest App and after scanning the QR Code, it starts to connect but then pops up with:
"Something went wrong. We're having troubles connecting to your thermostat. Make sure that you're close to it and that it's plugged in. TD023"

Tried the "Try Again" option but same thing. I am directly next to the router and my phone is next to the thermostat. I haven't installed the heat link yet as I am not sure how but I know the app walks you through it (can't get to that until it connects)

I've worked through https://support.google.com/googlenest/answer/9703359?sjid=15591625613352576443-EU#TD023&zippy=%2Ctd and still the same thing.

I have left it unplugged so it hopefully runs out of battery by the morning and if that doesn't work, I was going to leave it plugged in until something changes, but after 2 hours nothing seemed to change which lead me to start my troubleshooting.

Any one have the same issue or a solution?

0 REPLIES 0