cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Nest Thermostat Heatlink has died. Google Need faulty one sent back before replacement sent!

AndySW
Community Member

We've had our Nest Thermostate for just under 2 years with no faults. 4 days go our Heatlink died completely out of the blue. We had a H72 error on the Thermostat and no power through the Heatlink. Tried all the Nest Support troubleshooting issues and Nest Support confirmed it was faulty. They had to get the team in Poland to call us to arrange a replacement. That was Wednesday. It took until Saturday for someone to call. Given it's mid-October its already at the point where we need the heating on in the evening, and we have no heating!

Now they tell me they can send a replacement back but I need to have the Heatlink removed and sent back to them before they'll send a replacement. Given it needs to get to Poland from the UK and only THEN will they send a replacement, we could be looking at another week and a half at least with no heating. Does this not seem like VERY poor customer service?

Given the volume of reports of Heatlinks failing, is this really the way Google treats its customers? I have to say I'm pretty dissapointed in Google Nest Support so far. It makes me want to never buy one of their products again. I just hope new customers see these reports before buying one now. 

Google Nest Support, how do I get a new one sent out immediately? (if you even read these?)

3 REPLIES 3

Shailan
Community Member

Having the same issue did yours get resolved? 

AndySW
Community Member

Nothing has changed yet, sorry. I just posted that "news" and that's the current status. Nest Support is currently closed so I can't get an update.

AndySW
Community Member

Brief update. The messages from Google were super confusing as they contradicted each other. In the end on Monday they disparched a replacement heatlink (just the heatlink, not the whole setup) which arrived yesterday. I ended up fitting it myself and everything now works 100%. Reassuring, and google support certainly doesn't inspire confidence, but in the end they came through.