cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Nest heat link issue

Danharwood
Community Member

Hi is anyone else having trouble with their heat link and nest thermostat?

the thermostat is saying there is no power and the heat link box has no lights on. I have check the fuse box which is ok. Had an electrician round and the wiring is ok. The nest box itself is the issue. It’s less than a year old. 

what is the next step to get it changed or fixed?

29 REPLIES 29

Match
Community Member

Same issue power to heat link but no LED’s lit had the issue since last Monday rang 4 times now keep getting told a return call in 24-48 hours and again nothing. Family of 4 without heating control for a week now support is a absolute joke.

product reviews are awful obviously there is an issue with this product and they don’t want to deal with it

Mr_Giddens
Community Member
  1. What number did you call? 

I'm on the phone (well, on hold) to them now: 

0808 1692307

Got through on that number had problem escalated and someone now going to call me back? (Hopefully). Woman on phone just went through all the normal checks that I'd already done. Kept asking me to press the button on the heat link, but as I kept saying the heat link is dead.

Same I got through and was told to expect a call. Problem is for the time being as the nest is linked with the combi boiler I can’t seem to operate the heating manually! 

Snap! Sat here with the fire on!

Mr_Giddens
Community Member

I'm having that same problem since yesterday.  No lights at all on the box and the error message.   So no heat.   Only 2 years old and just had the boiler serviced 2 months ago.  It's never done this, no idea what to do

My goodness, what is wrong with everyone, RING them!!!

Have you tried this? I don't have time to wait for hour on the line until they pick up.

Use the chat then, you have no chance of help here that's for sure.

Ringing them isn’t the issue. In fact you can get through to someone evertime  The problem is they then report a service call out  and request for an engineer to phone you who are the ones able to deal with the problem! The issue I can see lies here as many many people are complaining those calls never happen so you’re stuck in a loop. Speak to agent, request call back. No call back. Speak to agent!

I just was hoping if anyone had solved the issue 

OK, I can see what you are saying, I think!

This is the way I deal with the situation, and I have done this dozens of times.

Forget their service engineer, get your own plumber or electrician. Changing a Heat Link like for like is not complicated. You may have to pair the display to the Heat Link, well that's not hard. When they put you through to the senior advisor, tell them you have your own fitter. They will post the part direct to you. Then get your fitter or yourself to install the Heat Link.

Maybe I am missing something here, but I would rather get the part in my hand, then get someone to fit it myself, or fit it myself. Certainly a lot quicker.

That make sense and I think that’s the way I will go. However, it’s only the senior agents that can send the parts out. Until I get that call back from them, I’m sort of stuck! Thanks though. 

Yeah still waiting on the call!

Yes you are correct, the senior agents agree the replacement ONLY because they offer a fitting also. They class it as more subtle, as users sometimes cannot fit the Heat Links, hence the offer also of a temp switch and the fitting cost of up to £100. They say in contact within 48 hrs, if no luck then, ring them on the 48th hour.

Google have got to wake up to this poor equipment, and from what I can see the Heat Links without the Nest words on the button are the updated units, along with Google taking over.

They have a similar fault with the W5 error with the fried wifi chip, but just look at the people asking...''What Shall I do?'' RING THEM for goodness sake!!!!

gavfreemanlon
Community Member

I have the same issue, 15months after install

coomberj
Community Member

I spoke to the Nest customer services team on Monday (phone number 0808 1692307) and just received a call back now. They are going to replace the Heat Link (should be with me in 2-5 business days) and cover the cost of installation up to £100. They will also cover the cost of a temporary thermostat or on/off switch up to a cost of £30 for the hardware and £100 installation.

Snap. Just spoke to them as well and having the same done 

Me too. To be fair to Google their customer service in dealing with the issue has been first class. Shame they obviously have a major issue with the heat link units.

I used the chat service rather than calling.

Excellent!! Easy as that....

Hi

Did you buy yours directly from them or did it come with your boiler? 

Mine came with my boiler and is doing the same thing but I'm unsure to call the nest people or the company who sold the boiler. 

Cool that yours is worked out

My plumber who installed our new boiler also sorted out the nest and installed it. We were given all the details and he registered the nest with our address for the warranty etc so it just seems to be a simple case of changing over the heat link box 

You are correct, take a picture if you are unsure, and change like for like.

However, as the set will not be a matched pair, you will now have to pair the Heat Link to the display. Simple job, jot down the numbers from the Heat Link by the left hand fixing screw, go into Equipment, Heat Link, you will then see - Replace Heat Link. Follow the instructions.

Your sets will not be matched pairs anymore, as when out of the factory they are in a word a married set. You have to use the Replace Heat Link to pair from now on.

I hope that helps a little.

It came with the boiler install that I arranged and agreed to but to be fair to Google they didn’t question if I had bought from them or indirectly. They sorted.

Your original contract for the purchase is the boiler installer, NOT Nest. Nest are the good guys really, helping you out..

UK consumer law 2015 by the way covers you for at least 5 years, BUT with the seller NOT the manufacturer. You may have a 2 year warranty from Nest, but the original installer is the one you should be really dealing with.

Oh the joys of the law, look it up, UK consumer Law 2015, you will find it very usefull with other purchases, as it covers everything you buy from a retailer. Now that's started a hornets nest!

There you go, and now you will have heating, rather than waiting for these clowns on here to help you!

Mr_Giddens
Community Member

I had the issue

I just used their chat service and they will ask u questions and troubleshoot it and then I was told they will replace it and someone will contact me in a day or 2 to get it done. 

Mine was out of warranty apparently but they craftily said that they would make an exception for me haha. 

It's smart on their part so they don't have to admit the thing stopped working after 2 years

But they are friendly and helpful.  Just don't get frustrated about the troubleshooting as they are required do it even if you already know that it's just not working. 

They made me turn off and on my main breaker, asked if I had any electrical work or plumbing etc done recently which I said no. 

They will ask if you if you tried to reset the heat link and the boiler which I said yes and nothing happened.

They will need the serial number, its on the back of the thermostat.

I also told them we used a voltage meter and their is power from heat link to the boiler.

Anyway.. Not too hard.. 

I do hope now everyone will get their heating back up and running, but please don't waste your time on this Numpty forum, you will not get help from anyone from Google here!! The phone/chat is your best way everytime.

Come on Google staff, what do you have to say for yourself, why did you not help these people in their hour of need???