cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Nest Thermostat blank screen

him00719
Community Member

Hi,

so i just installed NEST snow thermostat in my home, the screen remains blank , when i touch it then it shows the temperature readings, i checked the batteries they are good, i also tried changing the thermostat preferences to " wake up when someone approaches" but the screen remains blank.

it is a default feature of the NEST that the screen will remain blank and when we click then it would show the temperature reading or is something wrong with my device??

i would like it to display the temperature for me always so that i can view it from a distance, is that not possible in google nest??

5 REPLIES 5

laurentbourg
Bronze
Bronze

No if you have the setting wake on display on it is supposed to show the temperate when you approach. Make sure you have the latest software on your Nest and also try restarting it. 

It doesn’t wake up when I approach and another thing do we have any option for the display to remain ON always I don’t like wake up display mode , I cannot see the temperature from distance..

Make sure you have the proper settings. 
BA6D350F-4C1A-49DC-9CFF-8FF7A3179727.png

No there is no option for always on, probably because it would burn the screen over time. 

CS1
Community Member

I have the same issue with the display not waking up on approach. I installed the latest software and rebooted the thermostat with no luck.