cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Nest Thermostat set to 68, but temp is stuck at 64.

HandsomeGuy29
Community Member

Recently my nest thermostat is getting stuck at 64 even though put the heat to 68 to 70°. It never seems to go above 64. And the nest thermostat is always in "Orange" indicating that it's heating all the time. I tried, turning off and turning on the furnace, and it works for a little bit, and then stops again at 64. 

2 REPLIES 2

HandsomeGuy29
Community Member

I had an hvac guy come in and essentially, he discovered that the C Wire was not connected to the nest thermostat. He said the C wire is optional but it helps recharge the thermostat, when it's really cold the unit runs more thus requiring more power but since my C wire wasn't connected, it didn't charge my nest enough to be able send the signal to unit. So the nest thermostat was running for a little bit, but unable to continue sending the signal and dies off. After he connected the C wire, my issue got resolved! 

Hello HandsomeGuy29,

Thanks for sharing your experience with the Nest Thermostat issue and its resolution. Your detailed account of the problem and the steps you took to address it, especially the insight about the C wire, proved incredibly helpful.

Your willingness to share your troubleshooting process and the information about the C wire being optional but beneficial has been invaluable. For more information, here's the article to learn about the common or C wire.

Feel free to reach out to us for any future questions or concerns.

Best regards,
Mark