cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Nest app not updating thermostat

SamSulieman
Community Member

Recently after an update, my nest app stopped pushing the off command from Alexa and SmartThings to the thermostat. Everything else works with those outside sources. I can change temperature and I can change mode but when I use an external app to turn it off, it updates everywhere but does not push through to the thermostat and turn off my unit. 
I spoke with Google and they weren’t aware of any solutions. Anyone experience this?

11 REPLIES 11

Dlee
Community Member

Yes. Exact same thing. I opened a ticket with Alexa support as well as Google 

Mit44
Community Member

Same here and i tried reinstalling everything (alexa, nest app, nest skill, thermostat and no luck!) any solution? 

SamSulieman
Community Member

No luck yet, waiting for a follow up from a higher up tech scheduled Monday. Seems to have started after the most recent update (10/26/21)

Dlee
Community Member

I asked Google to see if they could roll me back to the older software..with no luck. Looks like we’re going to have to wait for a new patch. 

SamSulieman
Community Member

Yeah same here. Hopefully mondays inquiry will shed some light

Dlee
Community Member

Any luck?

SamSulieman
Community Member

Still haven't had the call yet. Will update after

PhilInYVR
Community Member

I’m having a similar problem. My Nest app cannot write anything to the thermostat, but it can read from the thermostat. For example I cannot change the temperature from the app or have the app push a schedule schedules to the thermostat, but I can read schedules created on the thermostat within the app, and I can read the temperature from the thermostat within the app. I just spent an hour and a half with Google support and they finally gave up and told me I’d have to replace the display, but I don’t really believe them. I have a newer nest unit on the same network and it’s fine, and two older Nest units, with the yellow level, and both of these are having the exact same problem. This is a long-term rental I just moved into, so I’m not sure when the problem started, but it could be the same update that caused you the problems you mentioned. 

PhilInYVR
Community Member

Ok, more info on these older ‘yellow bubble level’ models.  From the Nest app I can see temp and schedules from the Nest Learning Thermostats but I cannot change the temperature or schedules from the app. 

Then, oddly enough, I can change the temperature of the Nest Thermostat from Google Home, but Google Home cannot see the changes in temperature I make on the thermostat. 

So I can control from Google Home and see what’s going on from the Nest app. This does not seem like a hardware problem regardless of what Google Help said today. 8-)

It’s definitely a software issue. The unit is not accepting certain commands. It happened right after an update so whatever was updated broke the permissions for certain commands

Hey, both the Nest App and Google Home started working properly with the Gen 2 thermostats today. I can read/write temps and schedules from the Nest App. Seems like someone pushed out a bug fix somewhere.