cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Nest app not working when on data, not wifi (on iPhone 13)

LeoGiava
Community Member

The subject line says it: My Nest app works when at home on Wi-Fi, but has stopped working when I’m using data.  I haven’t tried if it works when on other Wi-Fi’s, when I’m not home. In any event, it definitely used to work in the relatively recent past, but stopped some weeks ago. 

Worth noting: when using data, not Wi-Fi, on my phone, the Nest app asks me to log in, yet the login does not work (“network error” I think is the message).  I was able to log into to the account only after deactivating the Wi-Fi connection on my phone. 

Thanks for any help I’ll receive!

5 REPLIES 5

Ian56
Community Member

I have this problem too (same iPhone too). I can change the heat settings in the app but it never goes orange to show its heating and sure enough when I get home it has not worked. I work shifts with varying end times and need to have this feature, any tips please advise!

LeoGiava
Community Member

Ian, unfortunately your problem and mine are not the same. My phone does not log into the app, does not even recognize my credentials, when I am using cell data. 

It would be best to create a separate thread for your question. 

Ian56
Community Member

Ah OK, mine is actually working again now, hope you get yours fixed.

LeoGiava
Community Member

Thanks. 

LeoGiava
Community Member

Update: The Nest app on my phone continues to log me out as soon as I leave the house wi-fi, and the phone switches to cellular data. And, when I try to log back in, it gives me an error. I am able to log back into my account only once the phone is connected to the house wi-fi. 

I have not yet checked what happens when I am connected to other wi-fi networks.