cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Nest heat link has failed after 2 years, what do I do?

RedWeaselBoy
Community Member

Hi my Google Nest Learning thermostat 3rd generation stopped working after 2 years with no issues. Checked Heat Link 240volts to unit but no lights shown. Turn main switch off then on still no lights. Tried pressing reset no response. Also noted no power at T1/T2. Charged thermostat but thermostat could not connect to Heat Link. How do I get a replacement Heat Link please. Serial number is 09AC01AC291903WN. AU7MNW is also printed below the QR code if that is any use. Thank you, Red.2021-12-22 20.25.26.JPG

2 REPLIES 2

IanLDN
Community Member

My nest also failed yesterday!

it was the heat link unit that had failed it has power but no lights showing.  I found numerous similar descriptions to this problem online.  As is it Xmas period and we have no way of heating our home without this unit I replaced it.  I have contacted Google support now and basically they are telling me that they can’t reimburse me for the cost and what I should have done is contacted them first (but they were not working at the time of failure) and they could go through some checks and sent out a replacement unit.  I am not sure how me having to wait for days for a replacement unit would have helped keep my home and children warm over Xmas.

So my advice is to contact Google and aim to get a new unit sent out assuming you don’t mind having a freezing home over Xmas.

I was very disappointed with the qualm l of support from Google but I take this as a life lesson and will reflect this in my future purchasing decisions.

good luck

RedWeaselBoy
Community Member

I rang Google and they sent out a replacement unit. I only had to answer a couple of questions, to be honest they couldn't have been more helpful. I bypassed the heat link temporarily when it failed and put a simple switch on the wires so we could turn the heating on and off. They even offered to pay the invoice for the installation of the new heat link.