cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Nest learning Thermostat

JamesPryce
Community Member

My Nest Learning Thermostat and the Nest iOS app show the hot water to be on but the icon is black and not orange. The hot water is on a set schedule and seems to be heating the water. Any ideas?

4 REPLIES 4

Nest1stuser
Community Member

I have the same

Yes that is normal in the eyes of Nest, but not how it use to be.

I do have one that reads correctly, and after repairing hundreds of these, I have only come across 3 that work with both icons going orange.

You will notice your thermostat icon will be orange as it should be, and the hot water black with the words On showing. You will also notice if you restart your thermostat and call for hot water just after restarting by pressing 'Boost', the hot water icon will go orange for a short period of time.

Another thing you will notice, if your thermostat is hard wired ONLY and NOT connected wirelessly, the hot water icon will be orange. The moment you connect wireless between the heat link and thermostat, the icon will not be orange, it goes back to black with the words On.

I first bought this up with Nest 3 years ago, and they promised they would look into this with the next update. They did not, and funny enough you may or may not have noticed, over the past few days, Nest have updated the software to 5.9.5-2, still no update with that feature.

I used to have a Nest on a Combi boiler so this is a bit different. Many thanks for a comprehensive reply. 

OK, are you saying you have a system boiler?