cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Nest learning thermostat won’t connect to Wi-Fi

RAINSTATE
Community Member

I have had my nest gen 3 for 4-5 years, after unplugging a nearby Wi-Fi repeater my nest lost Wi-Fi and no longer will connect to Wi-Fi.  
I have tried the reset. 
Tried router reset. 
also tried a restore to default, now I am stuck at the “add product” screen on the app.  The nest display just says “thermostat couldn’t be added to your account. Check the app for more info. “

and the app says the thermostat couldn’t connect Wi-Fi error td004(3.65)

1 Recommended Answer

David_K
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

The TD004 error can occur when your thermostat goes to sleep before you finish adding it to your account in the Nest app. Follow the troubleshooting steps below.

1. On the thermostat screen, select Learn more David_K_0-1698508815938.pngReset device.
    Note: This will not reset your device to factory defaults. This will only reset your account info on the thermostat.

2. Once your thermostat has finished restarting, resume setup in the Nest app. A good tip is to keep your thermostat awake while you add it to your account, press the screen every 20 seconds.

View Recommended Answer in original post

3 REPLIES 3

David_K
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

The TD004 error can occur when your thermostat goes to sleep before you finish adding it to your account in the Nest app. Follow the troubleshooting steps below.

1. On the thermostat screen, select Learn more David_K_0-1698508815938.pngReset device.
    Note: This will not reset your device to factory defaults. This will only reset your account info on the thermostat.

2. Once your thermostat has finished restarting, resume setup in the Nest app. A good tip is to keep your thermostat awake while you add it to your account, press the screen every 20 seconds.

I have tried all of this including removing the device from the aap, deleting and reinstalling the app, resetting my thermostat to original settings, restarting my wifi, EVERYTHING! The   3rd gen nest thermostat still says it can’t connect to wifi and it cannot connect to the app. It is not turning off before I get that message. I cannot find a number to call support. What else is left to try?

David_K
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

You may already have tried some of these steps but I'll link to them in full:

Need help with setup? Troubleshoot common Nest The… - Google Nest Community

If you still experience issues after that, here is how to contact the Google Nest support team directly.

1. Go to Contact Us - Google Nest Help
  2. Select an appropriate product or category, type a brief description of the issue, then click Next.
  3. Click Other, then click Next step.
  4. In the Resources section, click Next step.
  5. Choose to get a phone call, call or chat with the team, depending on availability in your country.