cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Nest thermostat and Heatlink - Thermostat plugged in but doesn't seem to be charging

sdunn911
Community Member

Hi, we have carried-out the install of the Heatlink, which is searching for the thermostat - the thermostat is plugged-in via the supplied usb cable and plug - no lights on the unit when plugged in to charge, no problem with the 240v power outlet - any ideas?

8 REPLIES 8

Frustratedddd
Bronze
Bronze

The set you have is it used or new?

Edit, Did the USB cable come with the set?

I believe it is brand new (it was sold as that) - or, a possibly refurbished unit, offered as a replacement for a faulty unit.  The USB lead and plug unit also came with the purchase.  Does that help?

OK, let's rewind a little!

The Heat Link, is that a replacement unit? Does that have any lights on it?

The display connected via a USB, does the display have any sign of life?

Hi, as I mentioned, it all looks brand new, but I think it is a unit / SKU which is sent out as a replacement when an initial unit fails - i.e. the package we received did not come with instructions - just a card saying 'Hello, Here's your replacement Nest Learning Thermostat. Please send your return back to us within 10 days. yadda yadda...

Sorry, tried other 13a usb plug heads and leads that work for deffo.  No lights at all and no sign of life at all.

OK, the answer to my question you are saying is..............

NO lights on the Display?

NO lights on the Heat Link?

Correct?

sdunn911
Community Member

The heatlink has power and is just looking to sync I think, so a changing colour light green and then orange (from memory - it's not installed at our property) - so I think the heatlink is happy - nothing at all on the thermostat unit.

OK, understood.

Now the model you have is it 3rd or 2nd gen model? Easy way to prove, 2nd has yellow spirit level on the base plate, and the 3rd has a blue spirit level on the base.

Reason being, a 3rd gen should have a steady green light when paired, not flashing, OR if ready to pair a pulsing/flashing Blue light. - NOT flashing green.

Assuming you have the display plugged in and powered up, and no lights on the display, ie NO red flashing or green flashing at the top. ..........and you have tried plugging a USB direct into the back of the display for an hour or so...... Put your ear to the display and can you hear any buzzing or clicking?