cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Nest thermostat no longer wakes on approach

Markjacks
Community Member

Thermostat Nest Pro Programmable 3rd Gen.  It no longer wakes on approach.  It has 3.9V on the battery and power back up 

2 REPLIES 2

Frustratedddd
Bronze
Bronze

First thing check the obvious, in the the settings check all set to on and even change to another setting to see if that helps. Then check to see if the sensor has anything covering it, even finger marks can stop activation. Then if all good, I would do a restart by pressing against the wall, hold until the house comes on then release. Maybe long shot, but have to start somewhere.

I have found that a factory reset has solved the problem, but try the obvious first.

Hello folks,

I'm chiming in to see how I can help.

Thanks for the input, Frustratedddd.

@Markjacks, I appreciate that you've checked the battery voltage and power backup to rule out any power-related issues. Since the basics seem to be in order, you might want to try a few troubleshooting steps to pinpoint the problem.

1. Try restarting your thermostat. This can sometimes resolve connectivity issues and restore normal functionality.
  2. Make sure your thermostat is properly connected to your Wi-Fi network. Poor or lost connectivity can affect its ability to respond to proximity.
  3. Double-check your thermostat settings to ensure that the proximity wake feature is enabled. It's possible that a recent update or glitch might have affected the settings.
  4. Check out the How to Change Farsight Settings guide and try toggling it.

Let us know if you need more help.

Best regards,
Mark