cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Nest thermostat says it is heating, when it isn’t.

RipBicep
Community Member

Hello,

My Nest thermostat says it is heating, when it isn’t. My workaround is to go to Mode | Off, then Mode | Heat, then wait, the heating then comes on successfully.

It’s been doing it for the last week. I rebooted the thermostat a few times and that doesn’t help, the only thing that helps is turning Heat off and back on. This means I wake up and house is cold each day.

does anybody have any ideas?

44 REPLIES 44

PaulT1
Community Member

Same issue....says it is preheating, but only the blower is running.    Turning the furnace off/on will get one good cycle....and then we are back to just moving air.    The history is showing that the furnace has been running most of the day and night for a week without actually turning on the burner.   The only time the fan was off was in the afternoon when the sun warmed the house enough to not need the furnace  (Don't really need the furnace in the fall, but the mother-in-law likes it warm).   

Fix was to change back to a "dumb thermostat".   Furnace and A/C are cycling normally.   We want to try the "smart home" thing again.....but don't want to spend $300 for a device only lasted a two years.

Ccpie
Community Member

The tech that came from the fuel company and saved me last winter in the freezing weather recommended the ecobee. I have not yet purchased it, and have stuck with the dumb thermostat for the time being.

Coldandcolder
Community Member

Our of 2 weeks of having it I have gotten over 62 in one and now back down to 61 with it heating up to 62, I am cold

FrustratedNest2
Community Member

Same thing happen to mine. Worst thing, the blower won’t even stop when I turn th OFF mode, I have to manually turn the CB off and turn it back on.

Trayla7
Community Member

I have the same problem. Off/on doesn’t help.