cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Nest thermostats (2nd one not showing on my app)

Steve21
Community Member

Hi

Can anyone help, I have 2 x 3rd generation room thermostats, only the one shows on the app, and the 2nd one says its connected to the network ( so not possible to connect it again) but does not show on the app, any ideas ?

3 REPLIES 3

David_K
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

On the thermostat, go to Settings > Nest app. Does it say it's already connected to an account?

If so, are you signing into the Nest app with that same account?

Steve21
Community Member

Hi David

Thank you for the reply.

yes the thermostat does say connected to an account ( I have only been at the property for 3 months and the previous owner would have set it up to his account i guess.

I connected the system to my new router, so i think the one thermostat is ok, but the 2nd has never shown on the nest app, I assume it would just show below the 1st ?

Regards 

David_K
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

In that case, on the thermostat go to Settings > Reset > Account connection. If you don't see that option, select All settings which will factory reset the thermostat.

Then follow these steps:

1. On the Nest app home screen, tap the Settings cog.
  2. Tap Add product. The app will switch to a camera view to scan the thermostat’s QR code.
  3. On the thermostat, press it to open the quick view menu and tap the Settings cog.
  4. Turn the ring to select Nest app and press to open it.
  5. Select QR code. Your thermostat will show you a unique QR code to scan with the app. If it doesn't, tap Continue without scanning in the app and select Get entry key on your thermostat instead.
  6. Follow the remaining steps in the Nest app.