cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Replacing Honeywell T8112D1005 (1) HVAC & furnace

MannyG
Community Member

I purchased a Nest Thermostat with Y/C/W/G/R/OB. The Honeywell has W/Y/G/R/Rc. Can I use the OB slot on Nest for the Rc on the Honeywell?

3 REPLIES 3

CoolingWizard
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

@MannyG ,  the typical older style Thermostat had both Rh and Rc with a jumper wire between them. When there was a separate heating system like a water boiler, you would connect the boiler to Rh and your air conditioner to Rc.  So, in your case you can ignore the jumper.  Your wire that is attached to the RC/RH on your old thermostat goes to the R on the Nest. 

AC Cooling Wizard

NestPro, Google Pro, Mechanical Engineer and HVAC service company owner.
If my answer solved your problem, click Recommend this Answer below, and If it helped you, please give a Kudo.

MannyG
Community Member

Thanks for the response, however, I do not have a jumper cable on the Honeywell. I have all the slots on the Honeywell taken by the corresponding wires. I do have a separate baseboard heating system and central air which like you mentioned are on Rh and the other on Rc. Should I tie the wires together and insert them into the OB slot on Nest? 

CoolingWizard
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

@MannyG , no Manny, what you’re gonna need is a nest learning thermostat you cannot use the basic nest thermostat. You must have a thermostat that has an Rh and an RC. And then you’ll hook it up the heating system to the Rh and you hook up the cooling system to the RC.

AC Cooling Wizard

NestPro, Google Pro, Mechanical Engineer and HVAC service company owner.
If my answer solved your problem, click Recommend this Answer below, and If it helped you, please give a Kudo.