cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Share feedback on your experience with Nest support?

kooldoa
Community Member

Hi Fellow Google nest thermostat owners, given the challenging and unbelievable experience I am still going through trying to get customer service support for a brand new Nest third generation thermostat from Google, I have created this thread for other customer's to share their experiences either good or bad. I have just read a HBR article (see link below) which pretty much describes what I am going through with Google Nest support. 

https://hbr.org/2014/01/nest-and-googles-customer-service-problem 

In May last year we bought and installed 7 nest third generation thermostats. In October one of the units stopped connecting to our wifi, after weeks of troubleshooting and reaching out to Amazon, I was advised to contact Google support. From October last year it took an inordinate amount of emails (most likely being answered by bots) and online requests for a Google Nest support team member to contact me. By 14th December 2023, I was feed up, so I made an international call from Dubai to Google support team, I spoke to a nice lady in Guatemala who took about an hour to complete troubleshooting and came to the conclusion that the unit needed to be replaced. I provided my address for the replacement unit to be sent, only to be informed that the unit cannot be shipped to me because I do not reside in a country that the unit can be sent. I was assured that the problem will be escalated and that I will be contacted with a resolution. Today is 3rd February 2024, after several unanswered emails and an on going supoort thread with google nest support, there is still no resolution. I have offered to pay for the shipment and provided alternative addresses in the US ans UK for the replacement unit to be shipped but there has been no response from the support team on email since 14th December 2023, I have sent at least 10 emails. On the Google support forum the last reply was 3-weeks ago, I have posted at least 4 messages with no reply. Rather than characterise my experience, I wanted to share it and get others to share their experiences good or bad.

I look forward to hearing experiences. 

0 REPLIES 0