cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Slow support.

TDonselaar
Community Member

Hi, 

Last week I got a w5 error. My last unit had the same exact issue, nest replace that unit.

I contacted nest, and they told  me that my unit would be replaced and that I would be contacted within 24-48 hours for the next steps. 

5 days have pasted without any communication. My case ID is 6-2321000032111

Last time they were every prompt so don't know what's up with that.  Last time I tried to contact nest, it took me a couple of days to get through the normal support channel. So I'm now trying the community might be faster.

6 REPLIES 6

LeanneD
Community Member

Youre still in warranty period ? And had same issue twice ? 

TDonselaar
Community Member

I'm currently out of warranty however the support engineer told me that they would replace the unit for free. I guess because this is a production fault of nest. 

Wow youre lucky . What is the actual issue ? Whats a w5 code ? Ive been fobbed off with out of warranty yet ive not done anything different, live alone, no one else is  fiddling about with it , and reading all the posts there is a fault with connectivity . 

You mind me asking how youre getting a replacement when out of warranty ? Ive looked up the w5 code and its connectivity issues, same as i have but without the code . How do they choose who gets replacements out of warranty and who doesnt ? 

TDonselaar
Community Member

When you get a w5 error and factory resetting doesn't help that indicates that the wifi chip is broken.

This issue was all over the media have a look :

https://www.engadget.com/google-replace-nest-w5-wifi-error-070131820.html

LeanneD
Community Member

Ok wow ! I only had an error code the once initially then never again.