cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thermostat is not connecting to Wi-Fi

Haidari934
Community Member

I’ve gone through all the steps provided online which included resetting the device, but I have not been successful. I have also made sure that other devices can connect to the router without a problem. I would appreciate any help because I’ve tried for close to a month now

18 REPLIES 18

Frustratedddd
Bronze
Bronze

Which model thermostat and which country?

It’s the Nest Learning and USA.

Do you see any errors on the screen? When searching for network does anything come up, any network names etc.?

It keeps searching, but no Wi-Fi is detected. Nothing comes up.

Try and Hot Spot to your phone to prove network connection. See if the thermostat can see the wifi from your phone, make sense?

It can’t find any network to join. I’m gonna try there hotspot now.

I tried to see if I can connect to my hotspot on my phone, but still it can’t find any network.

The only other thing to try is in reset, reset network, but to be honest that never really does a great deal. Assuming you have factory reset and everything else, looks like you could have a faulty display. How old is the thermostat?

I’ve done a network reset and factory reset. Nothing worked. I bought it either in December or in November of last year so it’s about five months old.

That's simple in that case, straight back to the retailer saying it's faulty. Don't waste time on here get a replacement from them.

So just take it back to Home Depot, but I don’t think I have the receipt.

Yes if that's where you purchased from, they are resposible for selling goods in working order, your's sounds like it could be faulty. You must have paid by credit card, that's one way of proof of purchase. Would be better with a receipt, why throw that away?

I did use a credit card and I’ll take that with me. Honestly, I thought I wouldn’t have any issues.

Haidari934
Community Member

Unfortunately, it was 10 days after one year anniversary that I purchased the nest thermostat.

Even a month ago when you had the problem? I would still advise the retailer the thermostat has not lasted for a reasonable length of time. 12 months 10 days is pretty poor for a retailer to refuse. I’m in the UK, and we expect an item like this to last for at least 5 years, and the law is on our side, and the retailer is responsible. 

Haidari934
Community Member

I went to them again and they said that Nest company has to send me a new one.

They obviously would say that, they don't have to worry about you then! Did you ask WHY Google has to send you a new one? After all Google did not sell the item to you, but the retailer did!!

Well good luck and I hope you get things sorted out.

After being there for 30 minutes, they actually gave me a new one.