cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Thermostat not reporting errors but fails to turn on heating, heatlink flashing green light

sns
Community Member

Entire set up was fine last winter, checking everything before it gets cold and although thermostat reports no issues it fails to turn on the boiler.

Boiler heats fine if I use override

Power cycled the lot.

Had it flashing orange (yellow?) and thermostat confirmed manual mode.

Pressed the heatlink button again and its now flashing green, as they are clearly connected is there any point doing a factory reset and re-pairing, was there something dodgy in the last update?

2nd Gen

Any tips before I start looking at the electrics, thanks

6 REPLIES 6

Frustratedddd
Bronze
Bronze

Are you saying the green light is on the display or the heat link?

You should have a green light on the heat link, not flashing, solid green.

Green flashing light on the display if charging, but would assume it's been connected all the time, the battery should be good.

Pressing the heat link button will overide all settings, but if you turn the display to call for heat do you hear any relay click in the heat link?

sns
Community Member

hi thanks, flashing green on heatlink, can attempt to control via heatlink and relays clicks but nothing from boiler alas

OK, well there is your first problem, you should have a steady green light NOT a flashing green light on the heat link.

I would try this assuming you are wireless connection, not hard wired......

1. Press and hold the button on the heat link for around 30+ seconds ish, until you get a blue flashing/pulsing light - Then Release.

2. Repeat this for a second time.

3. Go to your display, and press and hold against the wall until you see the house come back on the screen, then release.

4 You should now see an error H71, go to where it says ''Reset Pairing'', then click that and follow instructions.

You may be hard wired display direct to the heat link, follow the above, and you might find the heat link connects straight away and you get a green solid light. Check in Settings - Equipment - Heat Link,and see if you need to connect wireless.

sns
Community Member

Thanks, yup done factory reset and re-paired (gen 2 so no blue light just green or yellow)

Attempted manual control via the Heatlink and can hear relay click but boiler ignoring it so must be failure btwn relay and boiler control, ugh electrical debugging is not my idea of fun.

I  didn't say a factory reset, I advised a restart, and then reset pairing. Did you do that method?

Ah yes a 2nd gen like you say does not have the blue light. Did you try the double reset on the heat link, not just reset.?

Easy way to prove heat link relays latching, put neon screwdriver on term 1 and see if you have power, then press heat link button, and see if power goes. Check terminal 3 for power, and when button pressed you will loose power. Terminals 1 & 3 switch between.

sns
Community Member

Factory reset eventually got it all working but had to revert back to manual heat link control and then add in thermostat and then reinstall the app. All working ok now ready for winter.

Thanks for the suggestions