cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

This should be easy to figure out for someone...

Lukeiam
Community Member

So I have a basic forced hot air system with natural gas. When I bought my house it had a standard Honeywell unit. It was connected to the RH and W terminals. But it was broken so it needed replacing. So I did my research and bought a Nest Thermostat E. When I first used it I couldn't get it to come on. So I left and returned later that day and it was 68. So I know it CAN at least work somehow, sometimes. But I kept getting the (2+ hours) message. A few other times I tried it the heat would come on, but it wouldn't keep going. And then other times I'd turn it on and nothing.

Frustrated, I bought the cheapest Honeywell (RTH111 series) I could find. Here, it's connected to the RH and W connectors (there is a jumper between R and RC). No problem (see below). Works fine. I can basically buy the Nest for the same price with my rebates in MA, and I'd love the features and reliability. Any idea what to do? The questionnaire said I don't need the C cable...but this feels like a power problem. I read somewhere else that maybe I could connect to RC, not RH. Curious about that idea. Anyway, THANK YOU for reading!

Screen Shot 2021-12-27 at 7.46.13 PM.png

0 REPLIES 0