cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Unable to share yo a family member

MRP425
Community Member

I'm so fed up with this Google home app.. I've been trying for months to get the app to send a family invite to my wife's email address.  It was previously connected via the nest account but won't connect via the home app, keeps saying can't send invitation at the moment please try later... I've tried Google support and they were shocking...no help at all... the nest application worked perfectly on its own... 

5 REPLIES 5

MplsCustomer
Bronze
Bronze

@MRP425 

Is the email address you are entering for your wife a Google (gmail) account, as is required? I've seen reports from some users getting a misleading "can't send invitation at the moment" error when trying to invite someone who does NOT have a gmail account.

kiltguy2112
Silver Product Expert
Silver Product Expert

Your wife's email account needs to be an Gmail account, and neither you nor your wifes accounts can be Google workspace accounts (accounts through work or school or privately paid). That is normally the cause for this.

Hello there,

Thanks for helping here, @MplsCustomer and @kiltguy2112.

@MRP425, I hope you've got the answer you're looking for. Also, here's an article about sharing access with your devices via the Google Home app. If you're still in need of assistance, feel free to let us know.

Regards,

Mark

Hi MRP425,

I wanted to see if you still needed help. Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Thanks,

Mark

Hello MRP425,

I'm checking in to make sure that you've seen our response. Please let us know if you have any additional questions or concerns before we lock this thread in 24 hours.

Thanks,

Mark