cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Use outside temperature to determine Heat/Cool mode

danc4498
Community Member

I do not like using the heat/cool mode because the range is too high. I want to set my temperature to 70, and regardless of the "mode", I'd like my house to stay at 70. I understand, however, that it isn't that simple for the thermostat to just switch between heat and cool and keep the house constantly at the same temperature, which is why a mode needs to be set, or a range to keep the temperature between.

I would like to suggest, as a solution, for nest to use the outside temperature as a gauge for whether to have the house in "Cool" or "Heat" mode. If the outside temperature is below what I have my thermostat set to, then turn on "Heat" mode. If the outside temperature is above what I have set, then turn on "Cool" mode.

This way I can just set my thermostat to 70 and not have to worry about switching between heat and cool, and also I wouldn't have to deal with such a large range of temperatures.

2 REPLIES 2

laurentbourg
Bronze
Bronze

Agree that could be a nice option, suggest you submit your feedback in the google home app, that’s where product enhancements need to get submitted. 

Share your feedback

1. Open the Google Home app.
  2. At the top right, tap your account.
  3. Tap Feedback tap the type of device you'd like to submit feedback for.
  4. To display available emails, in the "From:" section, tap the arrow on the right. Select your email address.
  5. In the feedback summary, write a brief description of your issue.
  6. To submit feedback, at the top right corner, tap Send.

I might have done that once before. I'll do it again to be safe.