cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

blowing cool air randomly while on Heat Only - Thermostat E

JohnHag
Community Member

I had installed a Nest Thermostat E this past fall, replacing the thermostat installed when my heater was installed about 5 years ago.  I am having issues when using heat now, where the heat will be fine for awhile and then randomly (it seems) cool air will start coming out bringing the temperature down to 64 (when I start noticing it).  I have the heat set to kick on at 68, and removed all of the scheduled items to be sure.   

I have been trying to pay attention to when it does it but no luck.  I have seen it reach the desired temperature multiple times and kick off, then would kick back on when it falls below, drawing heat at that time.   I have double, triple checked the wiring from the heater and to the nest unit, making sure the wires are ceded properly and to the right connection.   There is no outdoor heat pump (York heater with outdoor AC unit - not York).  Wires are G, R, Y1 and W, no other wires coming from the board in the heater.

Please help!

2 REPLIES 2

DiBleu
Community Member

Mine is doing exactly the same thing. Also have a York single unit, both heat and a/c

benjaminc
Community Member

Mine is doing the same. Very annoying. Have had someone come out to service it twice but they can never find a problem. It will randomly just start working again if I keep turning it off and on.