cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

faulty warning message... "Your heating system failed to heat your home"

dschroder
Community Member

I keep getting this warning in the middle of the night for a new nest thermostat.  I installed it on a zone that is schedule to 55 degrees overnight (non-sleeping area).  When the temp goes down 5 degrees, the warning triggers, despite no call for heat.  How can I turn these notices off (or better yet, fix the stupid bugginess), other than blocking notifications on my phone.

11 REPLIES 11

kital
Community Member

Same thing, i have got two warnings when I have my house set at "Eco", so the heating should not turn on, and of course the house temperature dips, but never below the Eco setting. I still get the notification. Wondering if there is an issue with the notification logic.

ayryq
Community Member

I'm not "wondering if their is an issue"... there's definitely an issue. I get this warning every time it gets cold, and it comes up on my wife's phone too, and it's completely bogus. The heat wasn't called for or running when the notification says it was running, so of course it got colder.

kital
Community Member

Are you also using the non-learning Nest thermostat ? Wondering how many more people are having the same issue.....

kital
Community Member

ok, good to know that my HVAC system isn't likely failing

ayryq
Community Member

I cleared it now, but it said something like "when your heat was running from 8:30 to 11:30 the temperature dropped." The attached screenshot is from Home Assistant, which shows that heat was not called for between 8:30 and 16:30 today, and (indeed) the temperature fell during those hours.

Screenshot - Fri 2022 01 21 , 16_47_15.png

kital
Community Member

how do I get this report ?

ayryq
Community Member

This is an open-source project "Home Assistant" running on a raspberry pi and connected with Nest through their API. https://www.home-assistant.io/

But you can get the energy report from the Google Home app, which could confirm if your heat was being called for during the hours the notification reports. Here's mine from today:

Screenshot_20220121-164455.jpg

kital
Community Member

thats almost a carbon copy of my view in google home, and the notification said the same thing between hours of 821am and 1102am

aap
Community Member

Similar false warning with a two-zone configuration.

The warning email doesn't indicate which thermostat detected the 4º temperature drop (7:24 PM- 11:20 PM).

The graph in the email indicates a call for heat during the period from 6:30PM-12AM , yet the usage reports from the Google Home app (iOS) indicates minor calls for heat in zone 1 during 6PM, 7PM and 9PM. Zone 2 has no calls.

Nest graphs as well as outside temperature history is shown as well.

nest alert.png

temp history.png

Ahumanoid1
Community Member

I’m experiencing the same problem. It only occurs at night when the furnace shouldn’t be running. Seems like a bug with google home? Because I’m not getting the error on the nest app.