cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

nest temp sensor change block time

cbo
Community Member

The google nest temp sensor has predefined blocks of time (for example 11am to 4pm).  Can I change the start/stop time for a block?  I'd really like one that represents the typically daytime 9am to 4pm.

6 REPLIES 6

stipo42
Community Member

Unfortunately it seems Google has no intention of adding this feature, which is kind of nuts if you ask me as the predefined blocks of time make this product almost useless for 90% of people.

Customers have been asking for this since the temperature sensors were released in 2018. It's now 2021 and Google won't listen to it's customers. 

Turn the sensor on for all 4 blocks of time (the whole day). Leave the sensor next to the thermostat until you want to change rooms, then just bring it with you or put it in the room you want to control. Not perfect, not elegant, but simple, and it works.

Lego_astronaut
Community Member

What other products have this customization? 

johnlisa5135
Community Member

I feel your pain. The feature you want has not and probably will never be implemented, since it doesn't take much to see that the problems of three million little people don't amount to a hill of beans to this corporate titan.

However, I've come up with a workaround. Just turn the sensor on for all 4 blocks of time (the whole day). Leave the sensor next to the thermostat until you want to change rooms, then just bring it with you or put it in the room you want to control. Not perfect, but simple, and it works.

KW77
Community Member

The Honeywell T9 lets you program you sensors times, no preset time blocks. I love the nest thermostat. However, seeing that Google doesn’t want to correct an issue that has been know about for several years. Show what kind of company they are. I will eat the cost and upgrade my thermostat and 5 sensors to the Honeywell T9.

JimboNC
Community Member

Agreed, I am considering changing to the Honeywell also. The current predefined time blocks for nest sensors is useless for me and the majority of other best users I suspect. Too bad Google can’t add this touted sophisticated nest thermostats this simple feature.