cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

sensor schedule

jerzeygroove
Community Member

I really do not understand why nest can be scheduled in times of the day while the sensor can only be scheduled only in 4 blocks. i have sensors in living room and bedroom where bedroom is colder. i hangout in living room until i sleep at 11pm. the night block is 9pm-7am for the bedroom. so i have to either manually switch which sensor to read before i go to bed or figure out what the temperature should be in the bedroom that would be comfortable in the living room at 9pm then set another temperature at 11pm for when i go to bed. im going to find another solution, perhaps have third party sensors turn on nest to ifttt if thats possible. waste of money with these nest sensors.

4 REPLIES 4

jeho187
Community Member

I have been wondering the same thing for the past 2 years. I'm not a programmer but it seems like a few lines of code should be able to fix this annoying problem.

Please fix this. I have searched for an update on this topic every few months for the last 2+ years. 

There continues to be no control for selecting the times for the sensors other than the preset times. 

My wife is so unhappy how freezing cold it is in the living room in the mornings when she gets up at 5am with my children to get ready for school.. I don't get up that early so it's impossible to have the temperature where it needs to be at the appropriate times. 

15+ year old 'dumb' thermostats can be set up to do this from the thermostat,  there is no excuse! 

Wake up Google/Nest team,  give us some control over this or find a solution. 

It's been years where people have been asking for this ability. 

And here I am once again awake at 5:30am, with my unhappy wife, searching for a solution to only see the same stuff for years. No ability, no solutions, no conversation from someone at Google/Nest. 

Hi everyone,

We appreciate your interest however; we don't have any news to share about a more flexible scheduling options for the Nest Temperature sensors outside the 4 blocks (Morning: 7 am to 11 am, Midday: 11 am to 4 pm, Evening: 4 pm to 9 pm, and Night: 9 pm to 7 am). We're always looking for ways to improve and we'll take it as feedback.

I also suggest that you send feedback by following this link. Let me know if you have other questions or concerns, otherwise I’ll be locking this thread after 24 hours.

Best,

Mel

LandonW1989
Community Member

Please fix this. I have searched for an update on this topic every few months for the last 2+ years. 

There continues to be no control for selecting the times for the sensors other than the preset times. 

My wife is so unhappy how freezing cold it is in the living room in the mornings when she gets up at 5am with my children to get ready for school.. I don't get up that early so it's impossible to have the temperature where it needs to be at the appropriate times. 

15+ year old 'dumb' thermostats can be set up to do this from the thermostat,  there is no excuse! 

Wake up Google/Nest team,  give us some control over this or find a solution. 

It's been years where people have been asking for this ability. 

And here I am once again awake at 5:30am, with my unhappy wife, searching for a solution to only see the same stuff for years. No ability, no solutions, no conversation from someone at Google/Nest.